13 de septiembre de 2009

CAFÉ DE FLORE

The whole of Paris can be found in the Café de Flore. Few places have a history as far-reaching or as weighty, as at its tables have sat writers, philosophers, journalists, painters, actors, movie directors, politicians and tourists of every kind. It had enjoyed more than a century of life, from la Belle Epoque up to those controversial years of European unification. I was not a very regular customer (the dishes were out of my price range) but the waitress who served me coffee or wine at the corner table from where the whole premises could be observed always recognized me when I came in. She was a generally good-humored lady advanced in years, one of those typically conventional French women who are part of the furniture in certain upper-class Parisian establishments.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario